The Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is a crucial part of each drug free workplace and is integral to the process of keeping your workplace safe. During this webinar, participants will learn about the role of the SAP and receive solid information necessary for determining how best to incorporate SAP services into your drug free workplace program. In addition to case studies, topics to be discussed include:
- What is a Substance Abuse Professional?
- Where did the SAP designation come from and who can act as a SAP?
- What is the difference between a SAP and a regular therapist or counselor?
- What circumstances would you refer to a SAP?
- What happens to the employee when they are asked to see a SAP?
- What happens during the SAP interview and what is the actual reporting process?
- What are the outcomes of a SAP interview?
- What does the SAP looks for during a return-to-work interview?
- Accountability and responsibility, are they your friends?
- What are some of the expanded roles for SAPs that companies are using?
- The recovery process and enabling behaviors that hinder the process.
April 04, 2018 2:00 PM Eastern
DATIA Member Price: